Smaller Tech Companies Value Blogs Highly for Marketing

At initial glance, tech companies have deserted blogs, observes calm government resolution (CMS) provider Percussion Software. But not so fast: While only 20.5% of mid-market tech companies have a corporate blog, program companies—particularly smaller ones—are some-more expected to say one for calm marketing.

So Percussion found in a news “The Paradox of Blogging and Content Marketing,� for that a association surveyed 806 record companies.

Among that 20.5% with a blog, 73.9% post new entries once or some-more a month, since a remaining 26.1% are comparatively dormant.

“A transparent settlement emerged,� says a report: The some-more a tech company’s revenue, a incomparable a odds of a blog. Just 15.58% of companies in a $20-25 million operation confirmed a blog, contra 25.35% for incomparable companies.�If association executives do not understand, or trust in, a ROI of an active blog, they might see it as a ‘nice to have,’� if budgets allow.

Software companies challenge a trends. They blog some-more than any other, with 42.8% progressing an active blog, contra that 20.5% for a tech zone overall. Software companies also fly in a face of a thought of a blog as a budgetary “nice to have�: 55.1% of program companies underneath $20 million in income say a blog.

That in sheer contrariety to a altogether corporate blogosphere (including consumer-facing companies). USA Today reported final week that a commission of companies (specifically among a 500 Inc. Magazine-named fast-growing companies) that say blogs fell to 37% in 2011, down by 50% from 2010. And, only 23% of Fortune 500 companies confirmed a blog in 2011, representing no change over a before year, when that series had grown for several years. Here again, a holdouts were tech companies, with ones like Apple, Google and Microsoft blogging actively, where other companies are calm to rest on Twitter and Facebook “microblogging.�

The takeaway, as Percussion describes it, is that a decrease of blogs altogether is no transparent indicator of their value for marketing. “Companies that blog, many with tiny budgets and minimal resources, see a couple between blogging and achieving altogether selling goals.�


Leave a Reply